Palak daal is very yummy dish. If you want to make some change or variation, you can add coconut milk also at the end time of your cooking.
Ingredients which are used to make palak daal are
Palak daal which is made from following ingredients can serve 4 people.
- Masoor daal or red lentils – 300 grams
- Water – 825 millilitres
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Ground turmeric – ½ teaspoon
- Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
- Rinsed and chopped spinach – 500 grams
- Ghee – 30 grams
- Chopped onion – 1
- Ground cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut milk – 125 ml
Directions for prepration
It takes 10 minutes to get prepared and 30 minutes for cooking. How long to boil lobster is perfect recipe for you need. It will be ready in total 40 minutes.
- Rinse daal and keep it soaking for minimum 20 minutes.
- In large pan, taek water and bring it to boil. Then add daal, salt, chilli powder and turmeric. Cover the pan and boil again and then reduce the flame to low and then simmer for upto 15 minutes. Then stir the spinach in it and cook for 5 minutes or we can say until daal becomes soft. You can add more water also if required.
- In small pan, melt ghee on medium flame and then put cumin, mustard seeds and onions. Then fry onions by stirring often. Keep it cooking until onions become transparent and then add daal. Put garam masala and keep cooking. In the end, you can put coconut milk also with garam masala.