The following recipe of the Mexicano salad with tortilla croutons is one of great simplicity. It can also be a great snack for healthy munching at any given time. You can read tasty food recipe about different ways to cook eggs. The black beans make great base sustenance for the salad. Mixing them with coriander, avocado and tomatoes, gives it that perfect Mexican flavour.
The ingredients used to make Mexicano Salad with Crouton Tortilla are-
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp Mixed Mexican Seasoning or Cajun
- 3 full flour tortillas cut into crouton sized pieces
- 1 shredded iceberg lettuce
- 400gm black beans from a can, properly rinsed and then drained
- 2 stoned, sliced and peeled avocados
- 200gm cherry tomatoes, all cut into halves
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ a bunch of coriander, only leaves.
The preparation for this dish takes only about 10 minutes to be precise. Other than that the cooking time is again limited to 12 minutes. Hence your salad will e ready to eat by the end of 22 minutes at the most.
Preheat the oven at a temperature of 200 degree Celsius or 180 degree Fahrenheit.
In the preheated oven place a tray full of tortilla pieces that have been tossed in oil and the Mexican seasoning. Cook for 12 minutes until crisp.
In a separate bowl toss all the other ingredients other than the tortilla pieces and coriander.
Drizzle in your favourite dressing to coat the ingredients.
Top with the tortilla chips and coriander leaves. Finally Serve.